How to Enjoy More Whole Grains in Your Diet
Recently featured at the 2014 Women’s Expo
Try these tips to add more whole grains to your meals and snacks:
- Enjoy breakfasts that include whole-grain cereals, such as bran flakes, shredded wheat or oatmeal.
- Substitute whole-wheat toast or whole-grain bagels for plain. Substitute low-fat bran muffins for pastries.
- Make sandwiches using whole-grain breads or rolls. Swap out white-flour tortillas with whole-wheat versions.
- Replace white rice with kasha, brown rice, wild rice or bulgur.
- Feature wild rice or barley in soups, stews, casseroles and salads.
- Add whole grains, such as cooked brown rice or whole-grain bread crumbs, to ground meats for extra body.
- Use rolled oats or crushed bran cereal in recipes instead of dry bread crumbs.
Eating a variety of whole grains not only ensures that you get more health-promoting nutrients but also helps make your meals and snacks more interesting.
Dr. Ronald H. Fields & Dr. Atul D. Trivedi – Philadelphia Magazine TOP DOC 2019
Dr. Ronald H. Fields implants first Bioabsorbable Stent in the Philadelphia region.
Seeking Solutions with Suzanne with Dr. Ronald H. Fields and Dr.Michele Scannapieco
SEARCH FROM OUR PREVIOUS NEWS AND EVENTS: